From telephone, texts to Tik Tok, businesses across all industries are rapidly taking an omnichannel approach to engage customers with their brands. In case you haven’t noticed, customers are calling the shots these days. They expect interaction with a brand to be seamless: they want fast, frictionless, and personalized digital experiences.
During a recent GDS CX SUMMIT Candice Mueller, Senior Director Product Marketing at Freshworks says “customers are continuously experiencing this very fragmented experience.” The goal of omnichannel is to bring all those fragments together.
The old multi-channel approach offered a range of services for customers, an omnichannel strategy integrates them all. Leading organizations utilize omnichannel to not only integrate but create dynamic customer experiences. But according to Gartner, Most service organizations operate in a reactive manner at a transaction level, requiring customers to exert significant effort to navigate multiple service channels. So, how do brands move from a reactive to an initiative-taking mindset and wow customers across all channels? Here are a few ideas:
WOWING WITH OMNICHANNEL
Freshwork’s Candice Mueller says businesses are redefining how support is delivered to customers by focusing on some key priorities:
- Offering anytime, anywhere engagement with delightful moments. In other words, meeting customers where they are, but in a personalized way.
- Connected relationships that are intelligent, proactive, and collaborative.
- Effortless experiences which are simple, easy, and automated
- Adaptive support, unified extensive and agile
- Fast and easy innovation.
- Skyrocket time-to-value data driven decision making
ADVANTAGES OF OMNICHANNEL
Adopting an omni-channel approach in your marketing, sales, and service strategies has plenty of benefits. They include:
- Increased Revenue. According to Entrepreneur magazine Omnichannel customers spend 4% more in a store and 10% more online than single-channel customers
- Greater reach.
- Boosted customer satisfaction. Your customers will be happier in the long term if they feel they have several methods to reach your customer service and sales teams
COMPANIES WITH GREAT OMNICHANNEL JOURNEYS
After personally visiting “the happiest place on earth,” I can tell you Disney does omnichannel right. As soon as customers book a trip to a Disney Park, they can start planning every detail of their vacation with the “My Disney Experience” tool via the website or mobile app. From creating itineraries, to making restaurant bookings and even securing FastPass experiences, the entire vacation can be planned before the customer even steps on the plane. No Mickey mousing around.
So, how are you planning on increasing engagement with your customers? Join the conversation at one of our GDS Summits!
GDS Summits are tailored 3-day virtual event conferences that bring together business leaders and solution providers to accelerate sales cycles, industry conversations and outcomes. Regarding the CX Innovation Summit 86% of Delegates said the overall experience of Digital Summit they attended was either Above Average or Excellent and 71% of Delegates said the Digital Summit provided them with actionable outcomes to support their current initiatives.
For more, click here to hear from attendees on how GDS has helped them to achieve their business outcomes.
Continue the debate at GDS’ CX Innovation Summits where we bring together senior marketing executives who are actively seeking to share, learn, engage, and find the best solutions.