- Christina also wins additional “Business Impact Award” in recognition of outstanding business performance
- Judges panel included Garry Evanson, chairman of the Security Institute and Richard Jones of Cambridge Sustainable Investment Partners
- Virtual awards ceremony held at the Security Digital Summit Europe hosted by GDS Group
GDS Group, the global events, research and technology services company, has awarded Christina Alexandropoulou, Director of Security of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, Greece, with the title of “Security Leader of the Year – Europe” at this year’s Security Digital Summit Europe 2021. Christina was also recognised for the additional Business Impact category award in recognition of delivering outstanding business performance. The awards were presented during a live, interactive virtual ceremony at the Security Digital Summit Europe on April 28th 2021.
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts is an international luxury hotel and resort company headquartered in Toronto, Canada. Four Seasons operates more than 100 hotels and resorts worldwide.
In awarding Christina with the accolade, the judges commented, “Christina is clearly an adept leader who has responded well to the pandemic in all areas of her portfolio and also been instrumental in her country for various leadership initiatives in security throughout this difficult time. A standout manager in innovation and transformation.”
“It is clear that Christina enshrines all that is good in a senior security leader and has influence beyond her company with national reach. Particularly impressive for a security leader is her contribution to sustainability and the environment.”
The Security Leader of the Year awards recognise outstanding C-Suite (or equivalent) Security executives who demonstrated exemplary leadership through real-world achievements in their field. Judges were particularly interested in seeing evidence of the application of innovative technologies or strategies over the last 12 months that have led to improved business performance, reduced risk and improved operational efficiencies.
In addition to the main Security Leader of the Year award, three further awards were announced to recognise achievements in specific areas, with Christina also being recognised in the Business Impact Award for “delivering outstanding business performance.” The two further award category winners were:
- Nicole Allen, CEO of SaltDNA was given the Innovation & Transformation Award for demonstrating successful innovation and/or transformation of their operations, team, technology and processes to improve outcomes for their organisation.
- Jay Bharvada, Head of Cyber Security of HSBC was given the Integrity Award for achievements in terms of ethics, improving the working lives of colleagues, supporting marketplace change or reducing environmental impact.
About the Leadership Excellence Awards
The Leadership Excellence Awards recognize excellence in senior leadership within large enterprises, whether that be through innovation, inspiring colleagues, making excellent decisions, bravery, or achieving outstanding business growth.
About the Security Digital Summit Europe
With an increase in online activity due to the pandemic, CISOs are facing a barrage of new challenges.
Join 80+ senior Security leaders on business-critical challenges and disruptive technology and drive your industry forward collaboratively.
About GDS Group
GDS Group is a global events, research and technology services company dedicated to helping clients meet the challenges posed by a fast-moving, disruptive business environment. Our B2B summits and events bring purchaser and provider communities together to find solutions to real-world business challenges. To learn more about the events we produce and the challenges we help overcome, check out our event calendar here.