- GDS Showcase is a new virtual event platform for business communications delivered as a managed service
- Combat ‘Zoom fatigue’ by delivering more immersive sales kick offs, digital roadshows, and any other large-scale communications to remote workers
- Combines broadcast quality production values with a professional host and greatly improved audience participation
18th November 2020, Bristol, UK: GDS Group, the global events, research and technology services company, has today launched the GDS Showcase, a new managed service to revolutionise business communications in the remote working era.
The virtual platform enables senior leaders to communicate effectively to small or large groups of employees, customers or other business stakeholders in broadcast quality.
It features a live professional host, customisable studio set, high production values and a range of interactive experiences, where audience members can even be virtually brought onto the stage thanks to GDS’s bespoke immersive Zoom integration capability.
The GDS Showcase specifically addresses three of the biggest challenges’ businesses face for 2021:
- Aligning business strategy internally: How can senior leaders bridge the gap to their teams to ensure company strategy and messaging is cascaded effectively?
- Keeping connected with clients and partners: How can firms continue to collaborate, engage and inspire their key stakeholders?
- Building and accelerating pipeline: With face-to-face meetings off the agenda, how can sales and marketing teams work together effectively?
By delivering these events “as-a-service”, the GDS Showcase provides everything a company needs to meet these challenges head-on and deliver engaging communications, but without the need to invest in their own studios, broadcast equipment, online platforms or professional speakers/presenters. GDS also has over 25 years’ experience of delivering thousands of physical and virtual events, including its rapidly expanding Meet the Boss product, so the service leverages their deep expertise in event production and management. This removes the headache and risk many firms face when trying to run virtual events.
Organisations also have the option to use the platform for demand generation, with GDS providing a delegate acquisition service. Other examples of usage include reporting financial updates, rolling out new initiatives, sales kick offs or running a digital roadshow, no matter where teams are located around the world.
Spencer Green, founder and chairman of GDS comments, “With more and more of us working remotely, how we communicate with each other has never been more important. CEOs and C-suite leaders no longer have the ability to ‘Walk the Halls’, and roadshows or any other large-scale internal events are just not feasible right now. Aligning business strategy internally with all team members is very difficult when we can’t all get together.
Technology has provided a lifeline for collaboration between teams, but traditional collaboration platforms and video conferencing tools are only effective for small groups. Large-scale events require a different approach. When it comes to important business strategy communications, such as internal conferences, Sales Kick Offs or product launches, there’s simply no room for error; you only get one shot at getting them right. Our Virtual Showcase provides an out-of-the-box solution for companies to deliver the most immersive, engaging and effective internal communications possible.”
- Video overview of the GDS Virtual Showcase: https://youtu.be/XzCKeYa0GYo
- Blog: How to Take Your Business Communications to the Next Level with a Virtual Event
- Press release: Physical events will not return until 2022
About GDS Group
GDS Group is a global events, research and technology services company dedicated to helping clients meet the challenges posed by a fast-moving, disruptive business environment. Our B2B summits and events bring purchaser and provider communities together to find solutions to real-world business challenges. To learn more about the events we produce and the challenges we help overcome, check out our website here.